Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. The rush of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s festivities is past, giving us time to stitch a little love for dear ones.
Note: I don’t know why the images are all elongated. That’s another thing I’ll have to figure out.
These candy filled felt bags were such fun to make. As I thought of all those I wanted to shower with affection and confections, I just kept making more. With the many Valentine colors of felt in my stash, I couldn’t seem to stop!
In-the-hoop designs for both 4×4 and 5×7 frames are available as free downloads here in my post at Brother’s blog, Stitching Sewcial.
Without an embroidery machine this can be created by drawing or importing a heart design with a second smaller heart. Simply follow the basic directions in the post linked above, but sew your heart rather than embroider it in the hoop. Decorative stitches on your sewing machine could be used on the edge of the heart.
All that is needed to create your own candy filled heart:
• embroidery machine
• (2) 5” felt squares for 4×4 frame
• Or (2) 6” squares for 5×7 frame
• 3-4” circle of clear vinyl TIP: The plastic/vinyl from a zippered bag in which new linen or garments arrive is a good substitute.
• Tearaway stabilizer
• small, colorful, individually wrapped candies
• Notions: 18” ribbon or embroidery floss, large tapestry needle, painters masking tape, OPTIONAL: tissue paper
• Thread: embroidery thread
• Downloads: MAShearttreatbag4x4.pes, MAShearttreatbag5x7.pes
You don’t have to wait for the next Valentine’s Day to show your affection for friends and family. Stitch up a candy heart any time of the year!
Required disclosure: I am a paid Ambassador for Brother. Not required: I genuinely love my Brother machines.